My Approach - Passionate about food
- I have worked in the food industry for over 20 years as quality, technical and bakery manager. Over this time, I have contributed to the success of each company by creating solutions to answer daily and strategic issues.
- I have always worked closely with other areas of the businesses and have gather a sound understanding of the relationships between production, operation, sales and technical departments.
- This enabled me to lead and contribute on many cross-department projects always marrying the profitability and the safety of the business at the core of the discussions.
- The growth of artisan food in the UK and the demand for smaller, more individual manufacturers and retailers means that there is a gap in the market for food technologists who can bring sound technical knowledge, food technology expertise and business acumen to any business.
- I am a passionate foodie and want to bring my passions for food and technical knowledge together to enable food SMEs to fulfil their potential by taking the food safety related pain away.
Your own technical team as you need it when you need it
It is my experience that most of the artisan food SMEs and startups do not need the daily support and expense of employing a full time technical professional and I want to fill that gap.
From a specific technical or food safety related problem to a full analysis of your business, I can help you by finding creative solution that will fit your business. I’ll take your pain away, leaving you to concentrate on making your business successful.
My style is to work closely with your production and operation team to understand their need and how to best fit the technical systems around them.
Previous work experience
I worked in food service and artisan bakeries as technical and quality manager for the last 20 years across both fresh, chilled and frozen products. Over this time, I implemented several food safety management system and have audited and been audited countless of times against authority, customer and 3rd party standards.
My most recent work was as the Group Technical Manager and part of the 7-strong senior manager team at Bread Ltd - regrouping The Bread Factory, Gail's, Maison du Pain, Bread Roll Company, The Bread Factory Manchester and Bertinet bakery.
My Business Ethos
I am ready to use my 20 years’ experience to create a more diverse and creative work experience
I have a strong passion for food and the food business and want to drive up standards.
I believe in artisan, local, tasty and safe food and would like to enable you to reach your goals.
My bi-lingual capacity and culture allows me a wider understanding of a diversifying European market.
I come from Brittany, a region of France famous for its gastronomy and its strong culture.
My family has always been involved in food making from owning a crepe restaurant to an artisan charcutier - delicatessen. Food is an integral part of me.
Follow me on Instagram - @raphlennon
Education and Professional Qualifications:
|2006||Certificate in Business Management – Open University.|
|2000||DESS (Post graduate degree) in Quality Assurance in Food, Pharmaceutical and Bio-chemical industries - Honours.|
|1998||MST (MSc equivalent) in Sensorial Analysis – Honours.|
|1996||DUT (BSc equivalent) in Food Technology – Honours.|
I also have attended and successfully passed the following professional courses
- Labelling courses including Food Information Regulations 2014 compliance
- BRC standards and regular updates
- HACCP level 3
- Food Safety level 3
- Health and Safety level 3
I regularly attend Member Interest Groups from the Campden BRI.
I am a member of the Institute of Food Science and Technology.
Your Next Steps...
Lets talk about how I can help you to take control of your technical issues and work within your budget.